Anastasia started dancing at the young age of 5. In high school she specialized in ballet and contemporary at Claude Watson School for the Arts while competing in international ballroom championships at the Junior and Youth levels.
As an adult she has competed globally representing Canada in 16 World Championships, 6 World Cups and 2 World Dancesport Olympic Games. Some of Anastasia’s distinguished accomplishments include::
- Youth 10 Dance World Championship Bronze Medalist – Denmark (2008)
- Adult 10 Dance World Cup Finalist – Hungary (2011)
- Adult Latin World Cup Semifinalist – Vienna, Austria (2011)
- Adult Latin World Cup Finalist – Riga, Latvia (2012)
- World Open Finalist – Rimini, Italy (2013)
- World Dancesport Olympic Games Representative – Colombia (2013)
- Adult World Cup 10 Dance Finalist – Moscow, Russia (2013)
- Performing in “Dance Temptations” a stage show at Fallsview Casino in Niagara falls, and touring North America’s “Dancing Pro’s Live” with Alec Mazo and Edyta Slivinska from ABC’s Dancing with the Stars.
Currently Anastasia, along with her partner Patrick Derry are the founders of Artistica Ballroom Dance Studio, a Ballroom/Latin Social dance school in Aurora, Ontario, where they teach, as well as continue to improve their own dancing. Their current focus is Professional American Smooth, in which only after 3 short months of dancing together they have placed 3rd at the Canadian Closed Championships.